Pigmentation and sun damage can make you appear older than you are and using make-up to cover skin spots is not a long-term solution. If you want to reduce pigmentation, you need a combination of affordable treatments that reduce skin discolouration and reveal a younger looking you.
When make-up will no longer do
Treat sun spots and uneven pigmentation with our noninvasive intense pulsed light (IPL) photofacial treatments, designed to target an array of skin imperfections for a more even, luminous and youthful-looking complexion.
IPL treatments are designed to target signs of skin damage and aging from a lifetime of sun exposure, including:
- Wrinkles and lines
- Sun spots and freckles
- Blotchy, irregular pigmentation
- Broken capillaries and redness
IPL offers dramatic results with little downtime and low risk of side effects. What are you waiting for?
The Forever Young Skin Rejuvenation Difference
- We are one of the select medical spas currently offering one of the newest, most advanced IPL phototherapy technologies from Palomar: the Starlux 500 (Advanced Pulsed Light) photofacial treatment. Our Medical aestheticians are trained in the use of IPL to effectively treat men and women with sun spots and other causes of uneven pigmentation.
- We believe in a proactive approach to whole-body wellness that means your intense pulsed light sessions are simply one component of a complete health and beauty package.
- All of our treatments, including IPL, are preformed by medical aestheticians with a national reputation for excellence.
Is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Right For You?
When the answer is “YES!” to any of these questions, it may be time to consider adding IPL treatment to your existing anti-aging regimen for the most beautiful results:
- Does uneven pigmentation from broken facial veins and capillaries create a permanent flushed appearance?
- Do you suffer from acne, rosacea, age spots or sun spots, large pores or fine facial lines that make you look older than your years?
- Do you live an active outdoor lifestyle, making sun damage a major problem?
- Are you distraught by the face you see reflected in the mirror, feeling that uneven pigmentation masks the beautiful skin beneath existing damage?
- Are you interested in nonsurgical approaches to skin rejuvenation and long-term anti-aging benefits?
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Fast Facts
- Treatments are quick and convenient, taking only about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Side effects are minimal and clear so quickly that many patients schedule IPL photofacial sessions during lunch breaks and return to work immediately after, requiring only a touch of foundation to mask any mild temporary redness that may occur. In general, a series of 3 to 5 treatments scheduled at 4-week intervals is enough to address most skin concerns. Best results come with supplemental sun protection and a good home skincare routine.
- Intense pulsed light can be used on the face and body to create a more luminous complexion in a variety of areas. Treated spots will initially darken over about a week following treatment before they slough away.For patients seeking deeper facial rejuvenation, but without the risk of ablative laser treatments,
- Forever Young Laser Skin Rejuvenation is pleased to offer the new “Photo-Facial , a light-based treatment combined with a customized chemical peel. This powerful combination treatment increases the exfoliation of old skin, while increasing generation of new skin cells, to erase years of sun damage and reveal your luminous, radiant, youthful glow!
Does It Hurt?
We’re often asked about how much pain to expect with our IPL photofacial therapies. Fortunately, IPL is generally well tolerated by most patients, with the sensation being described as similar to the snap of a rubber band. If you have more sensitive skin, you can request a topical numbing cream to be applied before your session. Following your treatment, you may look as if you have mild sunburn, but this should pass after just a few hours.
How Does It Work?
IPL works by exposing pigmented lesions (sun spots, freckles, and more) to short pulses of visible light. During phototherapy, the IPL laser sharply raises the temperature in your skin’s highly concentrated melanin (the substance that creates dark pigmentation in your skin), shattering the cells containing the pigment. Following treatment, your body will naturally replace these cells with newly generated, healthy skin cells for a more even, youthful appearance.
Targeted spots will temporarily darken and then flake off within a week of your IPL photofacial session. As a bonus, you may see a temporary slowing of hair growth in treated areas, too. Supplemented by a good home skincare regimen, the effects of IPL can be long lasting. After completing your treatment package, you will likely be able to maintain your beautiful, more even skin tone for at least a year before requiring additional maintenance treatments.
IPL treatments start from $200 but can vary in cost based on the extent of treatment and the number of sessions undergone to achieve maximum results. We may also recommend additional facial rejuvenation treatments which will alter the price.
During the consultation, the medical aesthetician will examine the patient’s skin and specific areas of concern. The purpose of the consultation is to determine whether or not the patient is a good candidate for the treatment, or they would be better suited for an alternative facial rejuvenation treatment. Once it is verified that the patient is an ideal candidate, the practitioner will then design a personalized treatment plan specific to meet the patient’s individual needs. Some patients only need one treatment session to accomplish their desired look, while others with more concerns may require multiple treatments. The exact amount of recommended treatments to obtain optimal results will be advised during the consultation. The provider will go over any preparatory treatment care plans as well as advise the patient on what to expect the day of treatment. Consultations can be arranged by calling 780-758-7727, online chat, email, or with our online booking system. If you decide to proceed, a $25 consultation fee is required which can be used towards your treatment.We look forward to hearing from you.
Reduce pigmentation and signs of ageing skin
We specialise in creating personalised pigmentation treatment plans to reduce skin spots, freckles and other skin damage. Speak with our highly experienced clinicians and see how you can reveal radiant skin and a spotless appearance.