If you haven’t had any skin rejuvenation practices in place, now is the right time to start one. It doesn’t matter whether you are 16 or 60, proper skin rejuvenation methods will give you positive results. After all, whether you are 16 or 60, you will want the same kind of skin – healthy and glowing. The issues may be different, but the core goal remains the same. You want to have beautiful skin, and only skin rejuvenation will do it.
Everyone wants their skin always to have that healthy glow, but not everyone does the right practice to be able to achieve it. Various skin care products contain active ingredients that help make the glow that you want. There are also natural cosmetic products that promise to help you look younger. Looking at them on the shelf can make choosing seemingly impossible. That’s why it is important that you read the labels and understand what each product contains. From there, you can make a short list, and you are a step closer to getting that fresh, smooth skin.
Here are some tips on how you can start rejuvenating your skin today:
- Reduce intake of foods rich in carbohydrates like rice, bread, and pasta. If you can go on a gluten-free diet, then you are doing yourself a huge favor. Remember that the secret to having healthy skin has a healthy gut. Overeating can make your skin look dull.
- Keep your alcohol intake to a minimum. If you can skip drinking, then that would be so much better. Try not to drink alcohol for a month, and you’ll see how great your skin will look.
- Catch up on some sleep. You should be getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night. If you have been getting less than that, then now is the time to go to bed. Skin rejuvenation is at its peak between 2 to 4 in the morning. If you are using a night cream, you can make it more efficient by getting more sleep to see visible results.
- Choose skin care products that blend well with your skin. What’s your skin type? Whether it is dry, moisturized or oily, use it as a guide in choosing the skin care products to buy. If you must, consult a skin care specialist to find out the type of skin that you have. Perhaps they could give suggestions as to the products you could use.
The cost of skin rejuvenation depends on your budget. How much are you willing to spend to have that glowing skin? Remember that cheap skin care products don’t always mean better. Invest in the right brands, and you won’t have to worry about unwanted side effects that could cause more harm to your skin and your overall health.
Not a believer of the Botox treatment? If you don’t think it’s the fastest way to have glowing skin, then you need to follow these healthy tips to achieve the young and beautiful skin that you want. These come with a side effect though. You will feel a lot more confident and beautiful from inside out. You will feel amazing with these all-natural skin care treatment.
Think about it: your skin says a lot about your overall state of well-being. When you are stressed out, tired and sleep-deprived, it will show on your skin. This is why skin rejuvenation in Edmonton is necessary to keep the skin looking young and beautiful. Taking care of your skin has become necessary. So how do you do it?
- Be sure to get your good night’s rest. There are more than a handful of studies that prove how profoundly important it is to get your beauty rest for optimal bodily functions, including hormonal balance, cell rejuvenation and an active mind. Before you sleep, don’t forget to get that night cream on to help renew your skin cells while you’re getting some well-deserved rest.
- Eating healthy is one of the key factors that will help keep the skin young-looking. Get those vegetables and fruits into the mix. Limit the intake of calorie and sugar-rich foods for they get you sick from inside out. Seeds, nuts, and fruits rich in omega three fatty acids all help keep the skin moisturized and healthy. Did you know a healthy diet also increases the collagen production of the body? And that makes all the difference.
- Keep yourself hydrated. This means drinking more water than just the recommended eight glasses a day. Those sugar-rich energy drinks are a big No-No to your diet. They may help in keeping your body hydrated, but they come with a lot of sugar that’s the worst enemy of your skin. Make sure to drink water in its purest form.
- Stop and take a moment to breathe. Indeed your busy schedule can make it impossible to relax. Stress usually prompts shortness of breath that generates more stress, making you look tired and haggard. Inhale deeply then exhale. Do this a couple of more times during the day. When nothing seems to go right at home or in the office, take a deep breath and look beautiful as ever.
- Maximize your capacity to take care of your skin by making sure you are only buying skin care products that have passed the standards of skin doctors. Make sure to read the labels to know the ingredients used to make the products. Don’t hesitate to ask your dermatologist for recommendations. After all, when buying skin care products, it shouldn’t be about popularity or price. It should be about which one fits well with what your skin requires.
Do you have that healthy tan? This is a question you often hear during the summer or immediately after the summer break ends. People who have gone to the beach and enjoyed a few hours under the sun have could not stop talking about how good they felt with their new tan. However, experts speak of the tan otherwise. Unless your skin is naturally tan, experts say there is no such thing as a healthy tan. If you are fair skinned and you are tan, it means that your skin has been damaged.
But is there a way for you to protect your skin from the sun and still give it that healthy glow? It’s summer, and the heat could be excruciating. What’s the best way you can protect your skin from the skin and help it keep young looking despite the weather? Here are some tips from the experts:
- Use sunscreen daily because that is the most effective protection you can give your skin. No matter what skin type you have, your body reacts to the heat the same way. Wear sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 30. In fact, sunscreen has to be reapplied on the body for at least two or three more times during the day. What most people don’t realize is that even if they are indoors or residing in an area with a cooler climate, the sun’s harmful rays can still get to them. Applying sunscreen on the entire body is what will keep the body protected.
- Wear protective clothing to keep your skin protected from the sun. The heat may seem unbearable, and you might want to show off more skin, but skin care experts advise you not to. Apart from the wide brimmed hat and sunglasses, you should choose clothes made from cotton and those tightly woven ones. They provide you utmost protection from the sun but still allow the air to pass through freely. If you can get your hands on high SPF clothing, that would provide double protection for your skin.
You don’t have to be sun-kissed to be able to enjoy the summer sun. You don’t have to stay indoors the whole time to get protected too. You just have to strike a balance between skin care protection and sun exposure to achieve the summer tan that you want.
As beauty products become more sophisticated and high tech, the most efficient skin care protection still goes back to the most natural of processes. The aisles in the supermarket will serve as your guide as to which food items to buy and where to find the ones you need.
However, more and more studies have found the close relationship between what is eaten and the type of skin health a person has. Hand in hand with the skin care products of your choice, here is the list of the cream of the crop food items to help you achieve the skin glow that you want:
Are you surprized to see the first item on this list? Cocoa helps keep the skin hydrated, making it supple and firmer. Dark chocolates are not only good for the heart. Its flavonols content is a type of antioxidant that serves as the protection of the skin. A couple of dark chocolate squares should help improve luminosity of the natural skin.
This has become a staple in most homes as it helps regulate bowel movements and keep the stomach healthy. However, little do people know that the protein they get from eating yogurt helps their skin become tighter and firmer. Those who want to avoid the fine lines that come with aging should eat a lot of yogurts. Firmer skin is more resistant to lines.
This fruit should always be present in your home. The antioxidant contents of Pomegranates help fight the free radicals in the body and regulate blood flow. Regular consumption of such fruit will result to natural rosiness. A slice of pomegranate should contribute to achieving the skin glow that you want. However, its juice would be a good alternative too, producing practically the same results.
Omega-3 fatty acid is what will make you love walnuts even more. The fatty acid that it contains help improves the elasticity of the skin. This type of nuts also includes copper, the mineral that helps boost the body’s production of collagen. Snack on a handful of walnuts in a day and you will be doing your skin a lot of good.
What we eat is what we are, at least that goes for the skin. Be very particular with your food intake, and you don’t have to worry about aging skin.
It is hardly new when you hear of exercise and its benefits to the heart, lungs and one’s mental outlook in life. But here’s another reason for you to keep moving: Regular exercise helps you get the healthy skin glow that you want.
Physical activities come with numerous cardiovascular benefits. However, it is also important that attention is given to the other benefits that come with exercise. Some people might not care whether their heart is in its most healthy state but would care enough if their skin glows despite the harsh effects of aging. Dermatologists say that anything that promotes the healthy circulation of blood in the body is good for the skin. It helps keep the skin moisturized, radiant and vibrant.
There are quite some dermatological conditions that may require you to put a little more effort on skin care when engaging in exercise routines. Acne, psoriasis, and rosacea are just a few of these conditions that prevent people from exercising. However, doctors suggest not to let any of these skin problems keep you being active. Why do you ask?
- Increase in blood circulation in the body is achieved through regular exercise. When there is an increase in the flow, the skin cells are nourished keeping the skin and the body looking and feeling great from inside and out.
- In addition to providing more oxygen, increased blood flow helps carry the waste products, including the free radicals in the body away from the healthy cells. Contrary to popular belief that exercising helps detoxify the skin, it is the job of the liver to detoxify the skin and keep it healthy.
- However with continued exercise, one could expect the effects of the detoxification to show on the skin. Since it hastens the cleansing from the insides, the radiant glow will show how exercise has indeed allowed the skin to grow healthier.
Exercise has also been found to help relieve stress, which is one of the leading causes of skin allergies and psoriasis outbreak. By decreasing stress, exercise helps reduce all the other medical conditions that could promote drying of the skin. Eczema and acne are two skin conditions that can be reduced by the positive effects of exercise on the body. When your body produces more happy hormones due to exercise, you will be able to feel better from the inside, and your skin glow will show it.
Have you lost all hope that you can make your skin blemish and acne-free? Your desire to have a flawless skin is no longer a dream. Turn it into reality by following this list of Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to skin care.
Do: Sleep at least six to eight hours each day. With the schedule that you keep, this might be impossible to do, but you have to make it happen if you don’t want those breakouts ruining your day and night. Sleep allows the body to rest and the skin to relax. Giving yourself enough time to sleep every day helps keep the skin healthy and those zits and breakouts far from you.
Don’t: Forget to take off your makeup. There is nothing wrong with putting on makeup, especially when it is part of your job. However, as a golden rule in skin care, you should never forget to take it off before going to bed at night. What happens if you do? The makeup will block the pores and will cause the skin to breakout. The facial skin can then look very nasty you wouldn’t want to leave the house.
Do: Drink at least eight glasses of water every day. If you can drink more water, then you should. Water does not only help keep the body hydrated, but it helps maintain the skin nourished too. When you drink enough water, your skin will be kept moisturized, preventing any form of dryness. Make sure to drink water as colored drinks might have components that are bad for your overall health.
Don’t: Forget to include vegetables and fruits in your diet. The health of your skin relies so much on the condition of your overall health. If you are eating unhealthy foods, not only are you putting your overall health at risk, but you are also making your skin unhealthy. Include a lot of vegetables and fruits to your diet, and without much effort, you will see the difference that healthy eating has on your skin.
Do: Protect your skin from harmful chemicals and the harsh rays of the sun. Make sure to choose skin care products that will help provide another layer of protection for your skin. With all the many options for skin care products in the market, how do you know you are getting the right one? Read the label. If it comes with sunblock properties, then that should be a good buy.
Be critical in the skin care regimens that you follow. It is your skin, after all, so you have to learn to protect it.
Right across the room from you are standing, you saw the dermatologist, a common friend of yours and the host of the party. Are you tempted to ask her for some advice on how you can take care of your skin? There’s no need to feel nervous at all. You don’t need to walk across the room to bombard that dermatologist with all your questions about skin care. Rather, here is a list of skin care tips that every dermatologist puts into practice.
Pour On Layers Of Protection
Some might dismiss it as a mere luxury to put on enough sunscreen, but dermatologists believe otherwise. In fact, it is important for everyone to put on at least a layer of sunscreen protection every day. It is not just about keeping the skin young looking but to also keep you from developing a serious health condition that all begins with the damage in the skin.
Put On A Little Tint
You haven’t been to the beach recently, but you can still make your skin look sun-kissed. With the use of a little tint or blush, you can even out your skin tone and take years off your face. There are several brands of skin care that you can buy, but you have to be careful in which one you pick. Make sure to read the label to learn more about its ingredients and whether or not you are allergic to them.
Eat Foods That Keep You Skin Looking Healthy
Dermatologists agree that eating the right kinds of food can help nourish the body and the skin as well. When you eat skin-enriching foods, you don’t have to worry if you forgot to put the blush or powder your face. Include almonds, salmon or tuna to your regular breakfast treats as they contain healthy fatty acids that keep the skin moisturized.
Relax Your Skin
If your job requires you to put on makeup every day, make sure to allow your skin to rest for at least a day in a week. On that day, keep your skin zen-mode, which means you shouldn’t put on makeup to keep the breakouts from happening. Keeping your skin fresh by washing with water should help calm it down. Every little bit of effort helps.
Choosing the right skin care products can be very tricky, but you have to remember these tips to help keep the glow.
Although many studies relate stress to the drying and aging of skin faster than it should, it is your gut feeling that honestly tells you what’s making you look older than your age. Whenever you look in the mirror, and you see your furrowed brow, you know that stress does not help you look good in any way. In fact, stress gets your skin to wrinkle faster, making you look old and dry.
Recent scientific studies show how cortisol or more popularly referred to as the stress hormone is getting under your skin and it poses a myriad of harsh effects on how you look and your overall skin health. However, what science reveals says a lot about how your skin can look stressed out even when you’re doing everything you can to keep it healthy.
How then should you take care of your skin? Here are some expert tips to help out:
Chronic stress keeps the skin from its natural ability to hold water; thus, the dry skin effect when you’re so stressed out. More than drying, moisture loss also diminishes the natural luminance of the skin. To correct this, make sure that you use products that are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. Their low pH level keeps the skin from further drying if not inflammation.
Cortisol also contributes to the increase in sugar levels in the blood, which damages the collagen and elastin. These proteins are the ones responsible for keeping the skin smooth and plump. Stress also causes constant muscle tension, which then leads to permanent wrinkling of the skin. To counter this, make sure that you reduce the chances of being caught in a stressful situation, whether at home or in the office.
Stress can increase the blood flow making the capillaries expand. And because stress also lowers the immune system, constant redness and irritation of the skin become evident. To correct this, you may opt to use topical creams and apply them daily. Make sure they come with anti-inflammatory ingredients such as licorice and allantoin.
Stress can bring about some adverse effects on the human body. The most evident of them all is its effects on the skin. Natural aging is part of the process. Don’t hasten it by putting yourself under a lot of stress. Loosen up and little and relax.
Skin is the largest organ in the human body, and it serves more than just the outermost protection of the body. It helps regulate the body temperature too. The human skin serves some purposes, and all of them help keep the body working properly. In return, how do you keep your skin healthy? Or do you do anything to keep it healthy?
The skin is designed to help keep the body healthy. Here are the top three specific reasons why people should be taking care of their skin more than they do now:
Skin Is The Body’s Natural Protection.
Every day, people get exposed to environmental hazards. Exposure to dust could get people sick. And then there are the UV rays that could cause the development of severe health conditions. The acid layer of the skin plays an important role to ensure that the bacteria doesn’t get inside the body and attacking it that causes it to get infected. To keep the dust and bacteria off your body, keep the skin clean at all times. Using skin cleansers, it becomes easy to clean the skin while moisturizing soon after will make it looking healthy at all times.
Skin Keeps The Body Moisturized.
The outer layer of the skin naturally repels water. However, it is also able to absorb oily substances, allowing it to penetrate into pores. To be able to keep the balance, it is important that you choose the right products you use for your skin type. It is necessary to read the product labels at all times to ensure that the skin only absorbs what is essential to keep it healthy. If you can choose to use all-natural and organic products, then that will prevent inflammatory substances from making you sick.
Skin Regenerates Whenever Necessary.
The human skin synthesizes all the chemicals that are applied to it. Whether it came from the body soap that you used when you took a bath or from the lotion that you applied soon after, the skin becomes the manufacturing plant where all the chemicals come together. Skin cells regenerate to help people keep their young looking overall body protection. It also manages to repair the damage done to the skin and even convert sunlight into Vitamin D to keep it moisturized all times.
Your skin in your body’s natural protection. When you use products that contain harmful chemicals that damage the skin, you are not only damaging the skin, but you are putting your overall health in danger. So the next time you shop for skin care products to use, remember to check if they do care for your skin and that they are not doing otherwise.
Do you try out every new makeup brand that hit the shelves? Do you go to bed with your mascara on? These are common mistakes that do not seem like they’re a big deal, but over time, their effects can cause your skin to age and you looking prematurely older than you are.
Don’t fret. It isn’t too late. Here is a list of the bad skin habits that most people are already used to and the many things that can be done to remedy their harmful effects. When you look closely, these tips might be all that you need to make your skin at least ten years younger.
Leaving Without Sunscreen
This perhaps can be considered as the habit that hurts your skin the most. Not wearing sunscreen on a daily basis may be something that you’re already used to, but it shouldn’t be the case. The heat from the sun whether direct or not is not the number one cause of skin aging. Whether it is a cloudy, rainy or snowy day, the sun can reach you in more ways that one and on any day. Even if you stay mostly indoors, the sun’s rays can go through the glass; thus, you still have to apply sunscreen for your skin protection.
Neglecting Neck And Hands Protection
The face might be the priority, but your neck and hands need protection too. Overexposure to the sun affects your neck and hands just as much the overall complexion. Dark spots, dryness and sagging skin are all signs of aging. Treat your neck, hands and even your shoulder area like how you do with your facial skin. Make sure only to use products prescribed by your dermatologists. Apply moisturizer generously.
Using Only Spot Treatments
Thanks to a woman’s ever-fluctuating hormones, women who are over forty suffer from unwanted acne problems. Although the use of spot treatments have become a popular option, such has been found to dry out the skin and leave it raw and prone to irritation. Sadly, spot treatments don’t help pimples. Sometimes, they even cause the irritation to worsen. Instead, treat your entire face with the acne fighting medical grade cleanser. It is best in preventing breakouts even before they happen.
Some say that aging is a natural process of the body and perhaps it is. However, it does not mean that you shouldn’t take care of your skin to make it look and feel younger. When you use the right skin care products, you can take care of your skin properly without regrets.